BATES ORTHODONTICS’ RESPONSE TO COVID-19
OUR PLAN FOR SAFE VISITS
In an effort to maintain the safest environment for the health of our staff and patients we ask you please abide by these guidelines.
Before the appointment:
- If you have been feverish or had any symptoms of respiratory illness, please call and reschedule your appointment.
- Please brush and floss at home before coming to your appointment. We have closed our brushing stations while COVID-19 is a concern.
- Due to restrictions on the number of people allowed in our office at a time, we request that only the patient come into the office for the appointment and family members remain in the vehicle.
- If an adult needs to accompany the patient to the appointment, we ask that the adult wear a mask the entire time they are in our office.
When you arrive for the appointment:
- The day before the appointment you will receive a text message asking you to fill out a pre-appointment health screening for the patient and any accompanying adult.
- Once you arrive at the office, please either respond to the message sent the day before or call the office to let us know you have arrived.
- We ask that you wait in your vehicle until your chair is available.
- We will call or text you to notify you that we are ready for your appointment.
- Temperatures of the patient and any accompanying adult will be taken prior to being seated.
- A staff member will escort each of our patients to the clinic for the appointment.
After the appointment:
- Once the appointment has been completed, a staff member will call to inform you what was done at the appointment and to schedule the next visit.
What we are doing as a staff to protect our patients:
- Decreasing patient volume to allow further physical distance between each patient.
- Lengthening appointments to allow sufficient time to completely disinfect our chairs after each appointment.
- Staff members will be screened each day for symptoms and signs of any illness. If a staff member has symptoms, they will be sent home for the protection of our patients and team.
- Additional personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn by each staff member for added protection for our staff and our patients. This may include a face shield, a specialized mask with an additional mask on top, disposable gowns.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use throughout the office.
- Our brushing station will be closed until further notice to minimize the number of high-touch areas of our office.
- If you use a pen in our office, it is yours to keep.
- We have expanded our disinfection procedures in the lobby and reception area.
- Magazines, coffee machines, iPads, video games have been removed from common areas.
- Our staff will be disinfecting door handles in and around the office on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Our staff will be changing between street clothes and scrubs when they arrive and when they depart the office.